Our solicitors can offer advice and assistance on all licensing matters across England, Wales and Scotland. The Department specialises in obtaining or varying premises licences, dealing with reviews and hearings and in undertaking all related work for clients who operate or wish to operate licensed premises across England, Wales and Scotland.
Our services include:
- Premises Licence Applications
- Premises Licence Variations
- Premises Licence Transfers
- Personal Licence Applications
- Variations of Designated Premises Supervisor
- Licensing Review Hearings
- Summary Review Hearings
- Defending Prosecutions
- Magistrates Court Appeals and Sheriff Principal and Sheriff Ordinary Appeals
- Gaming Machine Permits and Exemptions
- Noise Abatement Notices and Appeals
- Staff Training
- Drinks Promotions
Our clients range from small independent pub companies and clubs to multiple and large national operators. We act for the largest Pub Company in the UK.
We work with those operating;
- Night Clubs
- Organisers of Outdoor Music Festivals
- Private Members Clubs
- Adult Entertainment Venues
The department has an excellent reputation due to its representation of brewers and pub chains. The department ranked highly in Chambers 2011 and John Coen (Partner and Head of Licensing) is named as a key individual. The Legal 500 also rank the team highly and recommended them specifically for their liquor licensing practice.
The department has excellent links with; The Institute of Licensing, The Association of Licensed Multiple Retailers, The Scottish Beer and Pub Association, Local Authorities and Police across England, Wales and Scotland, The British Beer and Pub Association and the FLVA.
|Peter McWilliams (view profile)||Managing Partner||Head of Business & Commerce||Sheree Wraith|
|John Coen (view profile)||Partner||Head of Licensing||Luan Sharp|