Ford & Warren has extensive experience of dealing with sports professionals.
Contractual and employment
- Have acted for football league coaches in relation to termination of their employment and in one unfair dismissal claim.
- Act for a number of premiership and league players. This has included dealing with numerous compromise agreements, several tenancy disputes, disputes with football agents, one nightclub incident involving the police and recovery of a car from overseas.
- Act for a number of football agents and instructions have included disputes in relation to player agent representation agreements, fees payable and general issues.
Sports body, discipline and regulatory
- Represented Dwain Chambers in his dispute with UK Athletics to be allowed to compete for Team GB and his dispute with the BOA regarding their refusal to allow him to represent Team GB at the Beijing Olympics.
- Represented the British Bobsleigh Association and have assisted them in relation to an internal appeal made by an athlete who challenged his non-selection to represent Team GB at the last Winter Olympics.
- Successfully represented a disabled swimmer whose right to compete in swimming meets was challenged by the ASA.
- Acted for John Giles in his successful action against the author and publisher of 'The Damned United' which led to the book being amended to remove those parts offensive to our client.
- Acted successfully for Dave Mackay in his action brought for defamation against the producers of the film, 'The Damned United'.
- Acted successfully for Melvyn Levi (a former director of Leeds United) in his action for defamation against Ken Bates relating to articles published in the Leeds United programme.
- Acted for a professional rugby union player in personal injury proceedings brought against him by another player relating to an incident during a match.
- Successfully defended an amateur football player in relation to an action pursued by another player injured during a match.
- Have prepared Wills and provided tax advice to a number of professional coaches and former players.
|Nick Collins (view profile)||Senior Partner||Head of Dispute Resolution||Deborah Nicholls|