If you have property in Europe, you will soon have more say over what happens to this property when you....
Added Friday 20th March
DFS TO FLOAT
Doncaster headquartered DFS has confirmed plans to float on the London Stock Exchange. DFS’s first store (then called Northern Upholstery) was opened in 1969 above a snooker hall. The company first floated in 1993 and was then valued at £271....
Added Wednesday 11th February
Katherine Clark, a solicitor in the firm's Commercial Dispute Resolution Team, has been included in this year's Motor Finance magazine's list of top 50 most influential figures in the....
Added Friday 6th February
Nearly 2 year ago we saw the introduction of the Jackson Reforms which provided the biggest overhaul of the Civil Procedure Rules since their introduction over a decade previously. They came....
Added Thursday 5th February
Spelling a name incorrectly has this week had severe consequences for Companies House. When Taylor & Son Ltd went out of business in February 2009, Companies House wrongly amended the register to say that it was Taylor & Sons Ltd that had ceased trading. This....
Added Friday 30th January
Two new regulations come into force tomorrow (31 January 2015) with the aim of simplifying the existing rules about company names.
The key changes are:
Companies will be able to use the words “Exports”, “Group”,....
Added Friday 30th January
The FCA have recently reemphasised the need to treat customers with mental capacity limitations fairly. Not only does the Consumer Credit Source Book ("CONC") have a section dedicated....
Added Monday 20th October
It seems that every month we are hearing about more lenders setting aside yet more money to deal with PPI claims. The recent case law of Plevin v Paragon Personal Finance Ltd (2013) and....
Added Monday 11th August
For too long it was possible to breach the terms of court orders and get a second bite of the cherry through an application for relief from sanctions. Under the old regime, applications for relief....
Added Thursday 7th August
A claim for hire charges of £8,054.28 was recently reduced at trial to just £566.51. The judge found the period of hire had been extended because of the claimant's....
Added Tuesday 4th February
Older news articles are listed here:
- Fraud and judicial finding of dishonesty : Anif Ali v Anwar Hussain 10/01/2014
- Relief from Sanction 03/12/2013
- The Defamation Act 2013 15/11/2013
- Nick Newman Advances.... 22/10/2013
- Part 2: How to use the High Court to recover or secure your vehicles within 48 hours 14/10/2013
- Costs Budgets: A warning 14/10/2013
- Leeds insurance Whiplash claim is dismissed 23/09/2013
- Ford & Warren Public Sector Services 17/07/2013
- The Jackson Reforms - The main changes 24/06/2013
- Interim Hearing Success – pleading the trading reputation of corporate clients in Defamation... 06/06/2013
- PART ONE: How to use the High Court to recover or secure your vehicles within 48 hours 07/05/2013
- Preskey v Sutcliffe & Others 14/03/2013
- Don't let FOS be used as a stick to beat you with 25/02/2013
- Wasted costs order against Claimant's solicitors in personal injury trial 05/02/2013
- Cohabitation and Planning for Inheritance Tax 31/01/2013
- Lasting Power of Attorney. Why make one? 31/01/2013
- Court of Appeal provide welcome relief for Finance Companies 27/11/2012
- Successful Defence of Welly Wanging Claim 16/08/2012
- Saving Inheritance Tax and Transferring Company Shares into Trust 19/07/2012
- Ask our resident expert: Help! Part of my house is built on land I do not own! 09/07/2012
- Ask our resident expert: Planning Applications - Protecting your position 09/07/2012
- Ford & Warren Apprenticeship Scheme: 2 Years on! 01/05/2012
- Flooding, buyers beware - managing the risks 24/04/2012
- Excellent Legal Directory Results for Ford & Warren 28/11/2011
- Ford & Warren join Cancer Research UK's Free Wills Scheme 11/10/2011
- Ford & Warren Scoop Triple Win at the InterContinental Finance Magazine awards 14/09/2011
- Ford & Warren Dash for Charity 12/09/2011
- In-Cred-E-Will! Ford & Warren Launch Brand New Online Will Service 27/07/2011