The FCA have recently reemphasised the need to treat customers with mental capacity limitations fairly. Not only does the Consumer Credit Source Book ("CONC") have a section dedicated....
Added Monday 20th October
It seems that every month we are hearing about more lenders setting aside yet more money to deal with PPI claims. The recent case law of Plevin v Paragon Personal Finance Ltd (2013) and....
Added Monday 11th August
For too long it was possible to breach the terms of court orders and get a second bite of the cherry through an application for relief from sanctions. Under the old regime, applications for relief....
Added Thursday 7th August
A claim for hire charges of £8,054.28 was recently reduced at trial to just £566.51. The judge found the period of hire had been extended because of the claimant's....
Added Tuesday 4th February
A claim for injury following a low speed collision in January 2011 was dismissed as
fraudulent in therecently released judgment from Bedford county court. The defendant
Added Friday 10th January
We are now 7 months into the brave new world of Jackson, and the heralded zero tolerance regime for compliance with court rules and orders. How have the courts implemented these changes, and has the....
Added Tuesday 3rd December
Likely to come into force before the end of the year, and to apply to publications made after the Act comes into force, the new Defamation Act seeks to close down still further the law of....
Added Friday 15th November
We are pleased to announce the promotion of Nick Newman to the position of Associate Partner, as of 1 October 2013.
Nick joined Ford & Warren as a fresh faced trainee in 2006, and....
Added Tuesday 22nd October
In the last article I explained that a finance company’s best course of action where it has a valuable asset at risk of disposal, is to seek a High Court Order to secure the vehicle. The High....
Added Monday 14th October
On 1 April 2013, Lord Justice Jackson introduced some of the biggest changes to court procedures in recent times, the most profound of which was made to the rules on costs which were often....
Added Monday 14th October
Older news articles are listed here:
- Leeds insurance Whiplash claim is dismissed 23/09/2013
- Ford & Warren Public Sector Services 17/07/2013
- The Jackson Reforms - The main changes 24/06/2013
- Interim Hearing Success – pleading the trading reputation of corporate clients in Defamation... 06/06/2013
- PART ONE: How to use the High Court to recover or secure your vehicles within 48 hours 07/05/2013
- Preskey v Sutcliffe & Others 14/03/2013
- Don't let FOS be used as a stick to beat you with 25/02/2013
- Wasted costs order against Claimant's solicitors in personal injury trial 05/02/2013
- Cohabitation and Planning for Inheritance Tax 31/01/2013
- Lasting Power of Attorney. Why make one? 31/01/2013
- Court of Appeal provide welcome relief for Finance Companies 27/11/2012
- Successful Defence of Welly Wanging Claim 16/08/2012
- Saving Inheritance Tax and Transferring Company Shares into Trust 19/07/2012
- Ask our resident expert: Help! Part of my house is built on land I do not own! 09/07/2012
- Ask our resident expert: Planning Applications - Protecting your position 09/07/2012
- Ford & Warren Apprenticeship Scheme: 2 Years on! 01/05/2012
- Flooding, buyers beware - managing the risks 24/04/2012
- Excellent Legal Directory Results for Ford & Warren 28/11/2011
- Ford & Warren join Cancer Research UK's Free Wills Scheme 11/10/2011
- Ford & Warren Scoop Triple Win at the InterContinental Finance Magazine awards 14/09/2011
- Ford & Warren Dash for Charity 12/09/2011
- In-Cred-E-Will! Ford & Warren Launch Brand New Online Will Service 27/07/2011